Sunday, September 22, 2013

Apple Crisp Delight

If I had to choose a favorite season, Fall would be my choice. There is nothing like the glorious colors, the crisp morning air and the final harvests of the year.


They say the apple crop is the best in years and I have to agree. My daughter went apple picking with the hope that I would offer to make Apple Crisp. Her wish was my command.

Now for the recipe...

Apple Crisp Delight

8 cups Sliced Apples
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
1/3 cup Whole Wheat Flour
2 cups Rolled Oats
1 cup Brown Sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts
2/3 cup Melted Vegan Butter

- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour apples into a large buttered casserole pan. Drizzle lemon juice over the apples. Combine remaining ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples. Bake for 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.


Serve warm with whipped coconut cream or some vegan vanilla ice cream.



PS - Have you linked up to Saturday Sparks yet? The party is open till Friday. Hope to see you there.

Linking Up to the Following Parties:


Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. I just made a peach crumble since it is still pretty hot here, but I am craving apples now. Lovely styling.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top